H1b visa transfer date missed

arpit1984

I did my MS from USA and then worked in a company "A" for 2 years. I have H1b from my company "A" in 2012. Now, another company "B" acquired my department(group) from company "A" in July 2013. Since then I am working for company "B" on same job title, responsibilities and work. Recently, I planned to go on holidays to India and I asked for employment letter, then HR of my new company "B" realized they didnt apply for H1b transfer. They didn't do any paper work.

Now after realizing this,they contacted company "A" where they found out that the company "A" had withdrawn my H1B in February 2014 without noticing us. Company "B" have applied for h1b transfer, awaiting the response from UCICS. But what are the worst scenarios and work around?

• 3 weeks later...

UCICS has sent me RFE. My HR, with company attorney, has sent back the required documents.

In case UCICS rejects my application, what would be the scenario? For new H1b, i will have to wait till April 2015 and can start only Oct 2015, so that's not the solution.

Would there be any way to stay in USA and work legally? As I said earlier that I did my Masters from USA from one of the top University and I work in research field for government. Would this make my case stronger to UCICS?

Would initiation of Green card help?

UCICS has sent me RFE. My HR, with company attorney, has sent back the required documents.

In case UCICS rejects my application, what would be the scenario? For new H1b, i will have to wait till April 2015 and can start only Oct 2015, so that's not the solution.

Would there be any way to stay in USA and work legally? As I said earlier that I did my Masters from USA from one of the top University and I work in research field for government. Would this make my case stronger to UCICS?

GC won't help.

You should find another employer ASAP if in case it gets rejected.

Why do you think you would have to wait until April and wouldn't be able to start until Oct. 2015? Who told you that? Where do people read such rumors?

If you have been counted for the quota, and haven't used up all the time, you are not counted again.

An H1 transfer IS a new H1, always. It can be filed at any time.

Where you did your Masters and what you do does not have any influence. This is the US. The law applies to everybody in the same way here.

Thanks everyone. 

To JoeF, why people loose so much control when they volunteer to suggest something? I would have appreciated more if you would have said it with more politeness.

I am known to be blunt. If you want sugar coating, get candy.

If you reflect on things, you will notice that my post was helpful.

A USCIS or boder officer would be way less nice than I was. But if you want to see a deportation cell from the inside, have fun with it.

I am known to be blunt. If you want sugar coating, get candy.

If you reflect on things, you will notice that my post was helpful.

A USCIS or boder officer would be way less nice than I was. But if you want to see a deportation cell from the inside, have fun with it.

JoeF..

Well your post WASNT helpful at all, as everyone has already said the same things, long time before. 

So, you didn't need to show your bluntness unnecessary. 

So far border officers were nice to me and again, they are doing their job. They don't volunteer. 

PS. I can be also blunt some time, instead of showing appreciation. But if you want to be thanked, you need to keep your forte (bluntness) aside.

JoeF..

Well your post WASNT helpful at all, as everyone has already said the same things, long time before. 

So, you didn't need to show your bluntness unnecessary. 

So far border officers were nice to me and again, they are doing their job. They don't volunteer. 

PS. I can be also blunt some time, instead of showing appreciation. But if you want to be thanked, you need to keep your forte (bluntness) aside.

Sigh.

When I posted, the other posts weren't visible yet.

Please learn to read. This forum doesn't show posts immediately.

So, once again, my post was helpful. You just need to reflect before making a fool of yourself. Please do that the next time.

Sigh.

When I posted, the other posts weren't visible yet.

Please learn to read. This forum doesn't show posts immediately.

So, once again, my post was helpful. You just need to reflect before making a fool of yourself. Please do that the next time.

my mistake and I am sorry. But in any case i DIDNT find your post helpful at all. Infact, i pretty much ignored it after reading first line initially.

Later I read it, so thought to tell you you can be courteous to other people. What goes around that comes around.

If you are good like this, then its fine.

Archived