H4 to F1 COS

synj

Hi,

I am residing in bay area and I studied on H4 visa so far.I am planning to get converted to F1 status.Below are the questions I have in my mind.

1) My H-4 visa got renewed just in June 2014 and I haven't gone anywhere outside US. Can I go for F1 interview now itself as it has not been long time for renewal? In-case I get a reject for my F1, should I go to H4 interview for stamping?

2)Which of the following is better option to go for H4 to F1 VISA interview?

- Vancouver

- Toronto

- Jamaica

3)  If I get F-1 reject after going there,when is the earliest time that I can apply again for F1 status?

Thanks in anticipation..

1) My H-4 visa got renewed just in June 2014 and I haven't gone anywhere outside US. Can I go for F1 interview now itself as it has not been long time for renewal? In-case I get a reject for my F1, should I go to H4 interview for stamping?

2)Which of the following is better option to go for H4 to F1 VISA interview?
     - Vancouver
     - Toronto
     - Jamaica

3)  If I get F-1 reject after going there,when is the earliest time that I can apply again for F1 status?

1. Yes

2. None of the above. Home-country is the best.

3. Anytime.

Thanks for those valuable replies.

Also,this one is still not clear to me so I request you to clarify the same.

I never went outside US after my H4 extension got approved.Incase my F-1 gets denied,do I need to go for H4 stamping again?

I never went outside US after my H4 extension got approved.Incase my F-1 gets denied,do I need to go for H4 stamping again?

If your H4 visa stamp is valid then no need.

Yes, if you do not have a valid H4 visa stamped in your passport.

Archived