On 5th year of H1, PERM not filed

signmein

I am on 5th year of H1. The current h1 is due for extension in August. I would get an extension till Jan 2015 to complete my 6 years.

PERM is not filed till yet.

If my PERM is filed, and if my lawyer , then files for H1 extension with the PERM reciept , do I get H1 extension of around 1.5 year instead of the normal extension of Jan 2015.

Thanks.

I am on 5th year of H1. The current h1 is due for extension in August. I would get an extension till Jan 2015 to complete my 6 years.

If my PERM is filed, and if my lawyer , then files for H1 extension with the PERM reciept , do I get H1 extension of around 1.5 year instead of the normal extension of Jan 2015.

Thanks.

No. You will get extension till you finish 6 years plus anytime to recapture.

Thanks.

I don't think you will get ext just based on PERM receipt.

If you can get your H1 extension till Jan 2015, then you are in your 6th year, not 5th year. An approved PERM cannot be the basis for H1 extension. You can get one year H1 extension, if your PERM is pending approval for more than 365 days. In your case, that won't happen, since your 6 years will end in Jan2015.

There is a lot of work before PERM, which may take anywhere between 2-6 months. I think you should start looking for other options. There is a good chance you won't get your H1 extended beyond Jan 2015.

Archived