On OPT Stem EXt, H1b petetion approved , but change of client location or client

Hi ,

I am currently on OPT STEM EXT, recently my H1b petetion got approved, but my client and the location is changed .

My H1b petetion was applied ,with LCA , 2 locations were mentioned on it, one client site and other my company location.

Now that my client is changed , do my employer needs to file new LCA and do H1b amendement?? Or as I am currently on OPT STEM EXT no amendment is required??

As OPT STEM Students should report to college there change of address within 10 days of change , do I need to update my adress in college with my new location now or should I stay calm till my new LCA is filed??? as school records have my mailing adress of previous client location .

It will be really helpful if anyone can answer the above things.

Thank you

You always should keep your records current. Your current OPT status requires that you report to DSO any change.

Whether new LCA is required depends on specific locations; in some circumstances a new one would not be required. The attorney for employer will file if required. They have plenty of time if it is needed.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, but i like to ask you , If i update in college my current address, they will update to USCIS, then it represents i am not currently working at the previous client location, using which my H1b petetion was approved.

So If my employer didnt file a new LCA or informed USCIS,

If i update in my college, will it not create any confilct, later when I go for Stamping.

Please suggest me a best option in this situation.

Thank you

Verify with the employer that his attorney has filed any required documents.  If they have not followed through, look for an employer who will follow the rules.  It is a lot easier to take advantage of an individual than violate US laws; you will be at risk.

Archived