H1b stamp from previous employer

reds3010

Hi -

I've a H1b visa stamp with company A till mid-2016. I'm with company B now. Do I need to get a new visa stamp for company B if I travel to India now for change of employer from company A to company B ? Company A has already revoked my H1b.
What should I say in port of entry ? will I face any issues in future for this ?

No need of new stamping.. passport with old stamping and new I-797 should be good.

No need of new stamping.. passport with old stamping and new I-797 should be good.

No you dont need a new stamp for change of employer.

At the POE, Just be sure to present your old visa stamp and new I-797 from Company B, so that your electronic I-94 is updated to new I-797 expiry

All, does this apply if there was a gap in employment?

Say you were terminated, then applied for a new H1B while unemployed (filed for COS to B2 the day you were terminated though).

The new H1B would be filed under transfer, do you need a new stamp even if the old one is still good in dates?

Or just new i797 and i94 upon return?

• 1 month later...

Hi -

I've a H1b visa stamp with company A till mid-2016. I'm with company B now. Do I need to get a new visa stamp for company B if I travel to India now for change of employer from company A to company B ? Company A has already revoked my H1b.

What should I say in port of entry ? will I face any issues in future for this ?

Hi reds3010,

I am in same situation as you are. Can you please share your experience if you found any trouble coming back to US on new I797 and old valid visa stamp? Thanks.

Archived