Overstayed I-94 (H1B) date by 7 days.

blancx

Hello,

My I94 expired Nov 20, 2013, and I departed the US on Nov 27, 2013, along with my wife.  I am out of the US since then and my wife (H1B of her own) has returned to the US.  At that time, my Labor application was pending before the DOL and I anticipated a really long time before my labor gets approved, my I140 is applied for and approved, and my H1B is renewed.  So I had to get all the day to day requirements (finances, car stuff, bills, etc.) in order so that my wife wouldn't have to deal with them when she returned.  I had to overstay to get all this taken care of.  Plus, my wife had her ticket booked for Nov 27.

I will be applying for my H1B visa later this month. I will mention in the visa application form that I overstayed my authorized period.  

How much of a bearing will my unauthorized stay have on my visa approval?

Hello,

My I94 expired Nov 20, 2013, and I departed the US on Nov 27, 2013, along with my wife.  I am out of the US since then and my wife (H1B of her own) has returned to the US.  At that time, my Labor application was pending before the DOL and I anticipated a really long time before my labor gets approved, my I140 is applied for and approved, and my H1B is renewed.  So I had to get all the day to day requirements (finances, car stuff, bills, etc.) in order so that my wife wouldn't have to deal with them when she returned.  I had to overstay to get all this taken care of.  Plus, my wife had her ticket booked for Nov 27.

I will be applying for my H1B visa later this month. I will mention in the visa application form that I overstayed my authorized period.  

How much of a bearing will my unauthorized stay have on my visa approval?

Should not be much of an issue.

Archived