Applying for F2 - 2014 H1 didn't get picked

phani.me1

I got married in Feb, 2014. My wife did not apply for F2 at that time as my OPT was going to expire in 4 months. Unfortunately, I came back to US alone. 

I'm eligible for STEM extension and applied for one. My MS was at a decent (non-controversial) university and I work full time. 

My wife is planning to apply for F2 once I get my opt extension (hopefully). 

The whole issue is with the H1. My employer applied for H1 in April, 2014 and it didn't get picked in the lottery (so I applied for the stem). 

Usually, any F visa applicant should not have any sort of immigration intent. However, records show that I applied for H1 in 2014.

I'm worried about chances of F2 grant. All our family is in India. Except my full-time, I don't really have any ties with USA. However, 'H1 application' made things complicated in terms of immigration intent. 

How do you think we could increase our chances. Any advice is appreciated

I got married in Feb, 2014. My wife did not apply for F2 at that time as my OPT was going to expire in 4 months. Unfortunately, I came back to US alone. 

I'm eligible for STEM extension and applied for one. My MS was at a decent (non-controversial) university and I work full time. 

My wife is planning to apply for F2 once I get my opt extension (hopefully). 

The whole issue is with the H1. My employer applied for H1 in April, 2014 and it didn't get picked in the lottery (so I applied for the stem). 

Usually, any F visa applicant should not have any sort of immigration intent. However, records show that I applied for H1 in 2014.

I'm worried about chances of F2 grant. All our family is in India. Except my full-time, I don't really have any ties with USA. However, 'H1 application' made things complicated in terms of immigration intent. 

How do you think we could increase our chances. Any advice is appreciated

An H1 allows immigration intent, it is a non-immigrant status, though.

So, there is no problem with immigration intent.

Thank you very much for the replies.

- I think my income should suffice and be a no hurdle. 

Another question

My wife is working right now in Software field and she has already resigned. As F-2 members are not allowed to work, what do you think is an appropriate answer to "What are your plans after going to USA?"

Thank you very much for the replies.

- I think my income should suffice and be a no hurdle. 

Another question

My wife is working right now in Software field and she has already resigned. As F-2 members are not allowed to work, what do you think is an appropriate answer to "What are your plans after going to USA?"

Nothing other than to join the spouse, I suppose.

Archived