H1B visa stamping in Jamaica

BusyBee10

I have a current H1B valid upto Mid September and also have an approved H1B extension starts from Mid September. I have no H1B visa stamped in my passport. I am planning to go to Jamaica in 3 weeks.

Should i able to get stamped up to Mid September if i use the initial H1B? I heard that in order to get stamped, the H1B petition has at least 6 months of validity (I have only 3 months of initial H1B validity ). Is that true?

I have a current H1B valid upto Mid September and also have an approved H1B extension starts from Mid September. I have no H1B visa stamped in my passport. I am planning to go to Jamaica in 3 weeks.

Should i able to get stamped up to Mid September if i use the initial H1B? I heard that in order to get stamped, the H1B petition has at least 6 months of validity (I have only 3 months of initial H1B validity ). Is that true?

Yes, you can do that. I had my stamping till sept 2014 Plus a valid I-797 till 2017. Recently I have been to Jamaica and got stamped from current day till end of new I-797. Let me know if I have answer your question.

Archived