H1b transfer Denied new transfer approved

Denied_H1b

Hi,

can someone please clarify my situation here

here is my story

Company A - I-129 - December 2012 till Oct 2015 (stamping and I 94)
Company B- h1b transfer on normal processing– Dec 2013
Company A - Revoked I-129 – January 2014
Company B- Denied – May 2014
Company C- h1b transfer on normal processing – May 2014
Company B- I290 B (Appeal to motion to reopen)– June 2014
Company C - I-129 approved- June 2014
Company D on PP- I-129 PP - RFE asking for maintenance of staus prior to June 2014

I want to quit the company B and Company C after my approval with Company D. but INS questioned on my status prior to June 2014 as my first company H1b is revoked on Jan 2014, Am I out of status from Jan 2014? I did have W2, paystubs and I started working for Company B after I received the receipt number but that doesn't give any status right? INS now asked my paystubs and Company B approval which I dont have yet. If I get the approval, will it be for Counselor processing or just COS?

Also, My H1b visa stamping has engraved with my Company A employer name.but that petition is revoked. is it still an issue? because I will be returning with my company D's approval copy

No issue.

ohh ok! So I don't have to attend the interview in my home country right? I thought that is called consular processing

Thank you for your reply!

If your H1B visa is valid there is no need to go for stamping.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Denied_H1b,

I am somewhat in the same situation as you. Can my current employer(B), with whom I have denial notice, file my new h1 transfer with correct documentation which was missing in earlier petition and got denied? or I have to just go to employer C and they can file H1b.B?

My situation is like this. 

Employer A - H1B petition approved (1st Oct 2011- 30th Sept 2014)

Employer A - VISA stamped india. I-94 valid till 9th October 2014.

Employer B - H1B petition filed (31st March 2014)

Employer B - RFE (9th April 2014)

Employer A - Revoked my H1B Petition (24th April 2014)

Employer B - H1 petition Denied (10th July 2014)

My attorney is giving a shot for MTR and re-applying petition with proper documentation. 

Thanks

Hi Denied_H1b,

I am somewhat in the same situation as you. Can my current employer(B), with whom I have denial notice, file my new h1 transfer with correct documentation which was missing in earlier petition and got denied? or I have to just go to employer C and they can file H1b.B?

My situation is like this. 

Employer A - H1B petition approved (1st Oct 2011- 30th Sept 2014)

Employer A - VISA stamped india. I-94 valid till 9th October 2014.

Employer B - H1B petition filed (31st March 2014)

Employer B - RFE (9th April 2014)

Employer A - Revoked my H1B Petition (24th April 2014)

Employer B - H1 petition Denied (10th July 2014)

My attorney is giving a shot for MTR and re-applying petition with proper documentation. 

Thanks

Yes, current employer B can file a new cap exempt H1B petition with proper documents. But, you should have stopped working for them from 10th July 2014. You can start working only after approval.

Jairichi,

Yes I have stopped working for my employer B from that day. No payroll. Just working out to file new h1b and not going for MTR. Can they file petition while I am in the country or I have to leave the country before they file petition or it doesn't matter?

A few days gap to file new petition after receiving a denial notice might be fine. In worst case scenario you will get an I797 without I94. In that case exit and enter US with a valid H1B visa and new I797.

Archived