Proof that PERM was filed

dearborn

Hello,

I work for an American company. Per the immigration attorney, PERM was filed with DoL in March 2014. Can I ask for a proof? Does the attorney get a tracking number that can be shared with me? Or, is there any email correspondence that can be used as an acknowledgment for my records? I hope that I'm being reasonable to request for some kind of proof for my records. Thoughts?

Thanks.   

No, you are not being reasonable, IMO. If you do not trust your employer, why are you working for him? If he chooses to share fine. Press the issue and you may be unemployed with petition revoked.  Employers tend not to like troublemakers.

Hello,

I work for an American company. Per the immigration attorney, PERM was filed with DoL in March 2014. Can I ask for a proof? Does the attorney get a tracking number that can be shared with me? Or, is there any email correspondence that can be used as an acknowledgment for my records? I hope that I'm being reasonable to request for some kind of proof for my records. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Ignore the unprofessional response above. People think that they deserve to have their opinions heard without merit or respect. Reality is that that they don't know anything other then vent their frustration.

You can know the number from the form that attorney mad you sign before filing PERM. Usually it starts with T which means it's in process. Then on day it's filed first letter will become A.

You can keep on checking icert.doleta.gov and see around Aug timeframe if PERM is approved.

Good luck.

Thanks for the post. Surprisingly, the attorney never asked me to sign PERM application before filing. I categorically remember that there was a section L Alien declaration in PERM application. Per my attorney, my signature will be required AFTER the application is certified by US DOL. 

Archived