Successful Stamping @ Kingston, Jamaica

spartan_kay

Thanks to folks that posted their experiences and tips, here is my turn.

Me : Good morning (With a confident smile)

Vo: Good morning, How are you?

Me : Doing good, How are you?

Vo: Why are heading to US?   ( I was surprised with this question)

Me: I am already working in USA

Vo: Who do you work for?

Me : XYZ

Vo: Give me your W2, LCA

Me : Given, she looked at my pay on W2 was comparing the address between w2 and lca with a surprise look in her face.

Me : I work at the client location ( From her face expression, I knew the question was coming since she was on the page that had my client address)

Vo : Who is your client ?

Me:  Mentioned Client Name  ( EVC model )

Vo: What do you at your client?

Me: blah...blah and blah (she kept nodding her head while she reviewed something on her monitor)

Vo: Did you do your masters?

Me: Yes

Vo: Where?

Me: Answered

Vo: What did you study?

Me : Answered

Vo : When are you going back?

Me : Thursday (VO stapled red slip onto the pp and gave me the stub and asked me come back on Wednesday at 2pm to collect it)

Me : Thank you and left.

For me it was simple but for few others they asked for each and every document so be prepared and for few barely any documents were asked. About 15 plus people got stamped that day that I am aware of, One got stamped F1 (H1 to F1) after lot of questions, no 221g issued to anyone that I am aware of and I think only one got rejected who was trying to get H1 stamped while on B1. .

Tips for success:

* Be confident and smile 

* Walk to vo as if you are entitled to get stamping, they are there to do just that as a matter of fact.

* Speak loudly and clearly, be concise in your responses (They only have few minutes to spend and make decision). Interview hall is small and noisy.

* There are youtube videos that show the visa process inside Jamaica US embassy, watch it few times so that you get familiarized with location.

Documentation:

Don't over analyse and over think. Remember that VO will only have few minutes to spend and the more you confuse the VO you will likely to get stuck. For couple guys, they asked them to sit on the side after interview and called them again later asking more questions but eventually cleared them. If asked for LCA just provide latest ( don't just dump all the LCAs you have got). Same with W2, just provide latest which is 2013. Paystub ( 3 is good, 6 is max, don't dump a year's paystub). Note that if VO needs more he/she will ask for it, by all means carry everthing you want to carry but only provide latest everything. Also if you answer more confidently and have prepared answers well you may not be asked for more documents. Also if you answer with confidence, speak loud and clear lesser the questions or documents asked by VO. The guy that was asked to sit on the side went before me and interviewed by the same vo as I am.

Jamaica Rocks!

Jamaica is an extremely fun place and we had a great time while in Jamaica. I wanted to go to Canada, but so glad that I went to Jamaica instead. Carry a lot of cash and you will need it, enjoy every moment while you are there. We wanted to see other places but only had few days. Carry few shorts, good camera, slippers etc. everthing you would usually carry while going to a beach.

Places to eat:

Tamarind, Pushpa ( very close to embassy and very good Indian restaurants, much better than crappy restaurants here in us)

Usain Bolt's Tracks & Records  ( Jerk Chicken is Jamaica's specialty)

Places to visit:

Ocho Rios (snorkelling)

Dunns River falls

Strawberry Hills

Blue Hole

Call Reid 876-420-7102 (He was the driver and the tour guide for us, he arranged for mini bus and we were about 12 people that went together). 

Hi There, 

Thank you so much for the information, can you please share your email id or phone number wanted to clarify some questions like how to get the Jamaica visa and choose which consulate etc...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the info.

I have few questions. What is ur email address?

You guys can reach out to me via ****************

Hi,

Could you please explain more about this "that I am aware of and I think only one got rejected who was trying to get H1 stamped while on B1. .", I actually converted from L1B to H1B on Oct-2013 and my L1B validaity is March 24  2012 to Jan 2015.

do you think thats the issue he had and rejected?

Hi,

Could you please explain more about this "that I am aware of and I think only one got rejected who was trying to get H1 stamped while on B1. .", I actually converted from L1B to H1B on Oct-2013 and my L1B validaity is March 24  2012 to Jan 2015.

do you think thats the issue he had and rejected?

I think that person was on B1 and then applied for H1 while working in US and then went for stamping. I don't think you should be worried since you have converted from L1 to H1 which many do anyways.  B1 is more scrutinized these days, check out the links below.

http://www.************.com/**************

I think that person was on B1 and then applied for H1 while working in US and then went for stamping. I don't think you should be worried since you have converted from L1 to H1 which many do anyways.  B1 is more scrutinized these days, check out the links below.

Thanks for replying and congrats , yeah you are right I think it's not recommended to go h1 stamping while working on B1

This link is not visible to navigate., can you post the link again

Archived