H-1B Visa stamping question - client letter issue --> need inputs

sree012014

Hi All,

I am planning to travel India on August 2014 (for marriage) and have to go for H-1B visa stamping this time. Yet to book the slot for H-1B Visa renewal. 

Here is my scenario and need your assistance.

I am working for a Federal client for past 2 years. And I recently moved to a new employer in Feb 2014, for the H1 transfer process I got the client letter on Jan 27th 2014. Got I-797 approved with the new employer for 3 years. Starting from June 2014, client has stopped providing client letter to contractors. 

1) If I go for Visa stamping, can I provide the client letter issued on Jan 27th 2014 to Visa Officer. Is this ok ? 

2) If not, please let me know if an email from my client manager (along with client letter dated Jan 27th 2014) stating that I'm still working for the same client. Will this be sufficient ? 

3) Do I also need to carry a email from the same HR personnel who issued client letter on Jan 27th 2014 stating that they are no more issuing client letter for contractors.

4) Suggestion on where to book the slot for visa stamping - India/Canada/Jamaica. 

Please let me know your inputs. 

Thanks,

Sree 

1) If I go for Visa stamping, can I provide the client letter issued on Jan 27th 2014 to Visa Officer. Is this ok ? 

2) If not, please let me know if an email from my client manager (along with client letter dated Jan 27th 2014) stating that I'm still working for the same client. Will this be sufficient ? 

3) Do I also need to carry a email from the same HR personnel who issued client letter on Jan 27th 2014 stating that they are no more issuing client letter for contractors.

4) Suggestion on where to book the slot for visa stamping - India/Canada/Jamaica. 

1. You need the latest one

2. Might work

3. Yes

4. All consulates are one and same. Go to your home country.

Hi All,

I am planning to travel India on August 2014 (for marriage) and have to go for H-1B visa stamping this time. Yet to book the slot for H-1B Visa renewal. 

Here is my scenario and need your assistance.

I am working for a Federal client for past 2 years. And I recently moved to a new employer in Feb 2014, for the H1 transfer process I got the client letter on Jan 27th 2014. Got I-797 approved with the new employer for 3 years. Starting from June 2014, client has stopped providing client letter to contractors. 

Please let me know your inputs. 

Thanks,
Sree 

1. You can.

2. Better have that with you too specifically stating that client has stopped providing client letters effective from such and such date.

3. Yes, if possible.

4. I thought it was decided to be India. Why this question now?

Hi Rahul412,

Thanks for your inputs.

1. You need the latest one

2. Might work

3. Yes

4. All consulates are one and same. Go to your home country.

On 1) It's better if I don't provide the VO the old client letter and drag the conversation. Is that true.

I should only provide VO the client manager or HR personnel email (2) or (3) should be good ?  Please confirm.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi Jairichi,

Thanks for the response. 

1. You can.

2. Better have that with you too specifically stating that client has stopped providing client letters effective from such and such date.

3. Yes, if possible.

4. I thought it was decided to be India. Why this question now?

I'm confused on no. 1. You mean, if I can provide 1 (old client letter) , 2 , 3 (client manager / HR email) altogether to VO. 

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank You.

Sree

I took an email from the Supervisor that they do not issue client letter. The letter contained my roles and responsibilities.You should be find with the email.  

Good Luck !

Thanks for the response Positive Thinking.

Please let me know which consulate you went for Visa stamping. 

Thanks,

Sree

Thanks for your inputs NIK125. 

1. Yes

2. Good to have email from manager stating that you working as well as they stop issuing client letters.

3.you can if you getting it otherwise its fine if you have number 2.

4. all consulates are same so you can book whatever is convenient for you.

I will try to get either 2 or 3 and book the slot for Visa stamping in August 2014 soon. Thank You.

Archived