H1B Stamping with **** master's Degree

Sree@USA

Hello,

I finished my master's from **** 5 years back. In my first H1B petition the attorney mentioned **** as highest degree. Since the **** is closed last year during the H1B extension last year attorney mentioned BTech as my highest degree to avoid any RFE's, I got the approval.

Now I changed the client and I am going to apply for H1B amendment next week, in that petition I am thinking to ask Attorney to mention **** master's as highest degree. But attorney mentioned that there is chance of getting RFE with **** Master's.

I am planning to go for stamping next month, there might be a chance that VISA officer asks why didn't you mention master's as highest degree if I don't mention in the petition, do you guys experienced the same?

Please let me know if any of you guys experienced the same.

Thanks,

Sree

I finished my master's from **** 5 years back. In my first H1B petition the attorney mentioned **** as highest degree. Since the **** is closed last year during the H1B extension last year attorney mentioned BTech as my highest degree to avoid any RFE's, I got the approval.

Now I changed the client and I am going to apply for H1B amendment next week, in that petition I am thinking to ask Attorney to mention **** master's as highest degree. But attorney mentioned that there is chance of getting RFE with **** Master's.

I am planning to go for stamping next month, there might be a chance that VISA officer asks why didn't you mention master's as highest degree if I don't mention in the petition, do you guys experienced the same?

Hiding your educational details during interview is nothing but a felony.

You filed for H1 ext for which you used that invalid degree initially for H1 approval. I suggest you to contact an attorney as you have already broke the H1 rules.

Hello,

Please let me know if any of you guys experienced the same.

Thanks,

Sree

Hiding of facts by your attorney or you is an offense amounting to fraud. Your attorney has already done it once and planning to do it again. If caught later you might end up with disastrous consequences. Try getting info on this from an independent attorney.

Agree with JoeF UNV degree does not count and they do not accept that university degree. so if they ask you can tell you did study in UNV and anyway they will know as their system will have this information. You are lucky that you got approved H1B. Bachelor degree you have so you should be ok...

Archived