Parents GC


Recommended Posts

I am a US Citizen and Im planning to apply for Green Card for my parents who currently live in India. Their marriage was not registered in India 40 years back. I have obtained two affidavits from close relatives stating that they are aware of the marriage. Parents are now Canadian citizens and cant travel back to India. When I looked at the instructions for Form I-130, it states that I need to get a statement from the appropriate civil authority stating that the document (in this case, the marriage certificate) is not available. What are our options? Will the marriage invitation and the two affidavits be enough? Please help.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.