Termination of Job after filing H1B petition

rajpatel123

Hi,

I am on OPT and filed my H1-B petition this year. I received a RFE for my H1-B petition. My employer does not want to respond to the RFE as well as do not want to get into any legal binding in hiring me and came up with a trivial excuse and terminated my job. I have not received my termination letter in writing yet. However, my employer is asking me the required information to inform change of employment status to USCIS and LCA. As most of us do with small companies, I paid the fees to the USCIS and the lawyer. It would be appreciated if you could please let me know how I should go about this issue. My OPT is valid until end of August 2014.

Also, I would like to know if I can go in to legal procedure for the unethical business practices by the company.

Thanks,

Raj

Hi,

Thank you for the response

Yes, I have the evidence that I paid my lawyer by direct transfer to his account.

I paid the employer in cash $1575 for three checks they wrote) (Base fee of $325, ACWIA fee of $750, and Fraud Prevention and Detection fee of $500; a total of $1575). I have record of withdrawal of $1575 on the same day when the check was issued.

Thanks,

Raj

Hi,

Yes, I have the evidence that I paid my lawyer by direct transfer to his account.

I paid the employer in cash $1575 for three checks they wrote) (Base fee of $325, ACWIA fee of $750, and Fraud Prevention and Detection fee of $500; a total of $1575). I have record of withdrawal of $1575 on the same day when the check was issued.

Thanks,

Raj

You have the right to complain with USCIS with all evidence that you have. So your employer is absolutely not going to go forward with your H1B application by responding to RFE? If that is the case your new H1B petition is subject to cap.

Hi,

Thanks,

Raj

File a complaint against that FRAUD employer.

Hi,

Thanks,

Raj

Start collecting evidence of communications between you and your employer regarding this matter.

Archived