H1b stamping and travel to India

zephyr1806

I got my H1b approval in 2013.

Changed 2 projects since then. Did not go for a stamping since then.

I have to travel to India in July last week and currently do not have a project , but have all pay stubs without any gap.

Employer is talking about amendment with a SOW from my last client ( project that I rolled off from recently) and advising me to go to Jamaica for the stamping before I travel to India.

How safe is it to present documents for stamping from a project that I am not a part of anymore? I know it sounds wrong to even do such a thing but due to the constraint of time we are going ahead to do this.

I am skeptical about going for the visa interview without a client letter. How much could that affect the entire process?

Any inputs / suggestions will be of great help.

Thanks.

I got my H1b approval in 2013.

Changed 2 projects since then. Did not go for a stamping since then.

I have to travel to India in July last week and currently do not have a project , but have all pay stubs without any gap.

Employer is talking about amendment with a SOW from my last client ( project that I rolled off from recently) and advising me to go to Jamaica for the stamping before I travel to India.

How safe is it to present documents for stamping from a project that I am not a part of anymore? I know it sounds wrong to even do such a thing but due to the constraint of time we are going ahead to do this.

I am skeptical about going for the visa interview without a client letter. How much could that affect the entire process?

Any inputs / suggestions will be of great help.

Thanks.

That is immigration fraud. Ask an attorney not your employer.

Find another employer who follows H1 rules.

Archived