6th year H1B extension and I-140 extension

ImmHB

I am on 6th year of my H1B, H1B status and visa expiring on 27th Sept. I am traveling out of country and will be back on 10th Sept so I will have 17 days on H1B remaining. My I140 is being filed by my company during this month so I plan to file my H1B extension on Sept 10th when I return. Is there any minimum validity for H1B status for re-entry, is there any problem for me entering back into country on Sept10th if my H1B visa and status is expiring on Sept 27th? I plan to show them my approved LCA and I140 and explain that I will be applying for my H1B extension when I am back in states on 10th Sept.

I am on 6th year of my H1B, H1B status and visa expiring on 27th Sept. I am traveling out of country and will be back on 10th Sept so I will have 17 days on H1B remaining. My I140 is being filed by my company during this month so I plan to file my H1B extension on Sept 10th when I return. Is there any minimum validity for H1B status for re-entry, is there any problem for me entering back into country on Sept10th if my H1B visa and status is expiring on Sept 27th? I plan to show them my approved LCA and I140 and explain that I will be applying for my H1B extension when I am back in states on 10th Sept.

Better to have your H1B extension approved based on approved I-140 before you plan to enter US on 10th Sept.

Archived