Got H1b Approval (129), H1 not stamped yet, current company asking to go for B1


panthar

Recommended Posts

Hi ,

 

Got an job offer from an employer ABC and they filed H1b for me. Picked up in lottery this year, just last week I see my status online it says status of I-129 as approved. 

 

Now my current company is asking me to go for a B1/B2 since they might ask me to travel to USA on business for a week or so in July or August 2014.

 

My Question:

 

Will it create problem for my H1 or B1 case ? Lets say I go to consulate for B1 stamping, they will check and say hey you have H1b approved also .. u might go on B1 and never come back since you have H1b approved. 

 

Will they reject by B1 ? 

 

Once B1 rejected then I got demerit on my passport. No ?

 

Note: I have expired B1/B2 already on my passport for 10 years .... I have expired L1A expired on my passport. Have travelled to USA many a times in past on those visa when they were valid.

 

 

PLEASE HELP. Shall I ask my current employer to postponn then B1 appointment and then later get H1 and fly away with company ABC offer ?

Link to comment

Hi,

I am also into same situation. My H1 is still in initial review not yet approved.

So question is, will it be a problem when going for interview for B1 visa?

If B1 got approved but not travel to US. Let say by that time my H1 gets approved.. will there be a problem in interview for H1 stamping.

Please clarify and provide any other suggestions..

Thanks.

Link to comment

Hi,

I am also into same situation. My H1 is still in initial review not yet approved.

So question is, will it be a problem when going for interview for B1 visa?

If B1 got approved but not travel to US. Let say by that time my H1 gets approved.. will there be a problem in interview for H1 stamping.

Please clarify and provide any other suggestions..

Thanks.

Link to comment

Still waiting. I spoke to immigration department of my H1b employer, he said its ok you can go ahead and get B1 stamped and travel to USA and come back. They don't have the information for H1b when they stamp B1.

 

Somehow I am scared to do it, can someone help me?

 

Questions/Doubts:

 

1.) If I got for B1, chances of B1 rejecting ? Since they will find out I also have H1 ? No ?

 

2.) If I get B1 and don't use it , then I go for H1 , will they chase me why I got B1 stamped when I did not want to travel or use it.

 

3.) To complicate the situation further, my wife also have H1 approved. Now I have another visa in my pipeline H4 (incase I am dropping my h1 and file cos on h4 once in USA).

 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.