New I-94 or a New Visa stamp?

h1bquestions12

If my H-1B transfer approval notice comes without an extension of stay, do I need to depart the US and get a new I-94 or do I need a new visa stamp? (I have a visa that is valid for a year and a half from now)

My situation is this - I was unemployed for a month while on H-1B and I did not depart the US (my I-94 was valid then, and now). So, the lawyer of the new company that just hired me says that the H-1B transfer will get approved but might be without an extension of stay. My current I-94 is valid for another year and a half.

So will I need a new visa stamp or just a new I-94? I have a valid visa on my passport which is valid for a year and a half from now. So if I have a valid visa, do I need to get a new visa?

Thanks.

If my H-1B transfer approval notice comes without an extension of stay, do I need to depart the US and get a new I-94 or do I need a new visa stamp? (I have a visa that is valid for a year and a half from now)

My situation is this - I was unemployed for a month while on H-1B and I did not depart the US (my I-94 was valid then, and now). So, the lawyer of the new company that just hired me says that the H-1B transfer will get approved but might be without an extension of stay. My current I-94 is valid for another year and a half.

So will I need a new visa stamp or just a new I-94? I have a valid visa on my passport which is valid for a year and a half from now. So if I have a valid visa, do I need to get a new visa?

Thanks.

You need an I94 and not a new H1B visa. Cross the border and enter with a valid H1B visa and new I797 and request for an I94.

Archived