H4 to H1 conversion query

kriskav8587

Hi,

I have been on H1 for past 5 months and am planning to bring my wife to US in month of Jan/Feb 2015. Could you please let me know if I can apply for H4 to H1 conversion for my wife for the Apr 2015 quota, provided any employer has agrees for the same.

Also please let me know if there is a condition like she has to stay in US for so many number of months for applying H4 to H1.

Any help is much appreciated

Hi,

I have been on H1 for past 5 months and am planning to bring my wife to US in month of Jan/Feb 2015. Could you please let me know if I can apply for H4 to H1 conversion for my wife for the Apr 2015 quota, provided any employer has agrees for the same.

Also please let me know if there is a condition like she has to stay in US for so many number of months for applying H4 to H1.

1. Yes, an employer can.

2. No such requirements.

Hi,

You can't apply for an H1.

She would have to find an employer, and the employer can file an H1 for her.

Archived