H1B Visa stamping (for renewed petition) with my passport already having VISA stamped (old VISA to expire on Aug 20)

sknet

Hi All,

Please help me to get clarification regarding the below issue.

I have H1B VISA stamping on my passport till Aug 20th. My employer filed H1B renewal and got it approved last week. I am planning to go for stamping next month in Canada.

My Old petition is valid till Aug 20th 2014.

Renewed petition start date is:  *****Aug 21st 2014*******

End date: Aug 20 2017

Can I go to Canada next month(JULY) for stamping with new petition (w/ start date Aug 21st) and come back to US after stamping.

Because when I go for stamping with new petition they are going to cancel my old VISA (which has old petition valid till Aug 20th) and give me new VISA (with new petition #).

Here are the Q's:

At POE

1) Will the CBP officer allow me to enter with the new VISA (expires in 2017) and old petition (expires on Aug 20th).

2) Will the CBP officer allow me to enter with the new VISA (expires in 2017) and new petition (starts on Aug 21st).

What are the options left for me (other than filing petition again with new start date having a date in JUNE)??

Please provide some pointers/info if you know any. Thanks much.

There are posts in this forum where people entered showing both I797s at POE. But, for some I94 was issues based on the expiry date of current valid I797.

Thanks for the info. what can cause the issue? any idea?

After getting the VISA, Come back to US and planning to go to India before my current I797 expiry date and coming back in september.

Do you see any issues?

Archived