Spouse working in a company owned by H1b holder

sreddy1250

Hi,

I am in H1B and  one of the silent investor for one of the LLc company which another person is the chairman.

My wife is in F1 visa right now and she has a CPT option to work with any employer right now. Can she work with the company which I am a partner of or none of my household should be doing any work in that company ?

Thank you in advance

Hi,
 I am in H1B and  one of the silent investor for one of the LLc company which another person is the chairman.
My wife is in F1 visa right now and she has a CPT option to work with any employer right now. Can she work with the company which I am a partner of or none of my household should be doing any work in that company ?

Thank you in advance

Not ANY employer on CPT.

• CPT must relate to your major and the experience must be part of your program of study.

First, is that legitimate CPT?

Legitimate CPT is very rare. Most CPT comes from shady institutions that abuse the rules.

Second, she can apply for a job at companies, but the fact that you are a shareholder would likely come up and lead to suspicions that you pulled strings in the background to get her the job (which would be illegal work.)

So, if that is done at all, it should be done with a good immigration lawyer, and you should stay completely out of it, you should not even discuss any of it at home. Essentially, everything would have to be watertight.

It is better for her to find another job (again, if the CPT is legitimate.)

If it is from a shady institution, she should not do any CPT at all, and rather should find a real university to study.

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Is this CPT part of her F1??

Archived