PD will be current in Aug and Ex-Wife's Interview

to_vaib

Hi,

I have a green card case pending adjustment of status with PD: EB2 India 29 Sep 2008. Based on what I have read and seen so far, it seems that my date would be current in next bulletin i.e. August 2014 as July bulletin already shows 1 Sep 2008. My question is that after I received the EAD cards back in 2012, I have divorced my wife however her case was not withdrawn. I have informed USCIS about my divorce by sending them a letter with all the details that they needed (as suggested by my company attorney as well). Now her I485 case shows that USCIS has scheduled an interview with her on June 30. The case status site also shows that they are scheduling my interview as well however it's been showing that from last 1 month or so but my interview is not scheduled yet. Does anyone know why USCIS is still pursing my ex-wife case when I have already informed them that we are divorced and I'm the primary applicant. Does this affect the green card application in anyway for the primary applicant?

Thanks for your help

~V

Thanks Belle for your reply, really appreciate it. I have informed them about my divorce but I did not keep the original copy of the letter that I sent to them, but it looks like they still haven't updated their system with my personal situation change. In the worst case if their system is not updated with my information, do they usually create big issues out of it? Thanks for your help.

~V

No. You don't have to worry. There is no evidence that the USCIS did not change it in their system. If anything, her interview notice is the evidence to the contrary. The USCIS will examine her documents, ask her about her situation, see if she has eligibility through a different category that she can use instead. Again, all of it is her business.

Archived