H1b Stamping after 3 year extension based on I140 but changed the employer

deepak_gc

Hi All,

I have I140 approved for EB2 from April 2012 and approved H1b visa valid till April 2016 from company A (3 year extension after 7 year). Company A is small company and i have worked as consultant at client locations.

Now I have transferred my H1b visa to company B and got the 797 petition valid till April 2016. Company B is in the process of starting GC for me.

Company B is reputed company and I am full time employee.

I have to go to India in NOV 2014 and I need to do visa stamping. but surely i will not be having new approved I140 from Company B by that time.

Company A is not going to revoke my old I140 and keeping it for future.

I have copy of I140 from Company A.

My questions are - 

1)Since my visa extension is based on Approved I140, during visa stamping do i need to show the copy for I140?

2)This I140 is not from current employer, will there be any issue during visa stamping

3)Do I need to carry any letter from company A?

4) Are there any chances of visa rejection or 221g processing due to the fact that i dont have new I140.

Thanks for your help.

I had same situation and was worried on the same. But after little research, this is what I came to know.

1)Since my visa extension is based on Approved I140, during visa stamping do i need to show the copy for I140?

No( Both are different processes and Officers dont ask copy of I140 generally)

2)This I140 is not from current employer, will there be any issue during visa stamping

No. But you may get question like this. 

Prevoius 140 is approved and you have h1 transfer. Is your GC is of any use?" (Use- I have to check with my current and previous employer on this)

Prevoius 140 is approved and you have h1 transfer. Is your GC processing  valid?" ( Valid - Yes)

Not necessary.

4) Are there any chances of visa rejection or 221g processing due to the fact that i dont have new I140.

No. getting 221g chances are slim and asking for copy of I140 are slim.

Hi All,

I have I140 approved for EB2 from April 2012 and approved H1b visa valid till April 2016 from company A (3 year extension after 7 year). Company A is small company and i have worked as consultant at client locations.

Now I have transferred my H1b visa to company B and got the 797 petition valid till April 2016. Company B is in the process of starting GC for me.

Company B is reputed company and I am full time employee.

I have to go to India in NOV 2014 and I need to do visa stamping. but surely i will not be having new approved I140 from Company B by that time.

Company A is not going to revoke my old I140 and keeping it for future.

I have copy of I140 from Company A.

My questions are - 

Thanks for your help.

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No. If you carry no issues.

4. Not based on reasons you quoted.

• 1 year later...

Archived