H1 to H4 conversion - approval date in future

saisriragav

Hi Team,

My H1-B was valid from Mar 2013 to Sep 2015.

I have quit my job on  Apr 2014 and through my husband's employer,  filed an H1 to H4 Cos in May 2014.

However the valid from date in H4 approval petition is from July 2014  till Dec 2015 and my husband's employer has suggested that I will fall out of status during this duration(Apr 2014 to Jun 2014) and have to complete my stamping and come back to US.

Please help in getting required legal advice if I have to travel back immediately to India or is there an other option to amend the validity date.

Thanks for your help on this.

Hi Team,

My H1-B was valid from Mar 2013 to Sep 2015.

I have quit my job on  Apr 2014 and through my husband's employer,  filed an H1 to H4 Cos in May 2014.

However the valid from date in H4 approval petition is from July 2014  till Dec 2015 and my husband's employer has suggested that I will fall out of status during this duration(Apr 2014 to Jun 2014) and have to complete my stamping and come back to US.

Please help in getting required legal advice if I have to travel back immediately to India or is there an other option to amend the validity date.

Thanks for your help on this.

No issue at all as long as you have I797 with I94 attached to it.

Archived