CAP GAP

krish724

Hi,

I am an F1 student and I am working on my STEM OPT (17 month extension) which is going to be expired soon in July13th. My emploer has already filed H1B for me and waiting for the response from USCIS. I am also going to apply for CAP GAP I 20 at my school since I have the h1b receipt.

So my question is, If my h1b get denied when I am on CAP GAP, Am I be eligible to join any college immediately or should I leave the country?

Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am an F1 student and I am working on my STEM OPT (17 month extension) which is going to be expired soon in July13th. My emploer has already filed H1B for me and waiting for the response from USCIS. I am also going to apply for CAP GAP I 20 at my school since I have the h1b receipt.

So my question is, If my h1b get denied when I am on CAP GAP, Am I be eligible to join any college immediately or should I leave the country?

Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

No school gives you admission immediately as admissions have long closed for fall session. You will need to go back to home country or move to dependent status based on your spouse status in US.

If you really want to go to school then apply for good school, don't join some school just to stay in US.

Moreover you cannot get admission in any school within couple of days.

F1 is for studying - NOT living in the US because you do not want to return home as you promised you would do.

Admissions for legitimate programs have been decided long ago.

Go home and get experience. If you are any good, your prospective H1B employer will reapply next year.

You can't just "join any college". Universities have application deadlines. The application window for Fall is long over.

You have the normal F1 60-day grace period after OPT expiration. You would have to leave the country if your H1 would get denied.

But first of all, why do you think your H1 could get denied? Is there something shady going on with the employer? Or with the application?

Archived