H-4 Visa: Marriage got cancelled

velvet

Hi everyone. I needed a clarification relating to ds-160 form. 

My  marriage was fixed with a guy from US who is in H1B visa and 

i was supposed to go to US with H4 visa. 

So in order to get an appointment date soon, he had filled DS-160 form on behalf of me  and  delivery confirmation number  was received (appointment was not booked yet). DS-160 form was filled with the details him and me saying i was married to him(since the marriage date was just few days ahead). 

But, unfortunately my marriage got cancelled with that guy due to some unprecedented events ( also obviously marriage was not registered). My concern is -

Does it pose any problem in future if i wish to travel to US since currently the information in DS-160 is wrongly submitted. 

Does wrongly filled DS-160 form have any effect on my future visa approvals?

Kindly clarify.

Hi everyone. I needed a clarification relating to ds-160 form. 
My  marriage was fixed with a guy from US who is in H1B visa and 
i was supposed to go to US with H4 visa. 

So in order to get an appointment date soon, he had filled DS-160 form on behalf of me  and  delivery confirmation number  was received (appointment was not booked yet). DS-160 form was filled with the details him and me saying i was married to him(since the marriage date was just few days ahead). 

But, unfortunately my marriage got cancelled with that guy due to some unprecedented events ( also obviously marriage was not registered). My concern is -
Does it pose any problem in future if i wish to travel to US since currently the information in DS-160 is wrongly submitted. 
Does wrongly filled DS-160 form have any effect on my future visa approvals?
Kindly clarify.

No issue.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I am also in the same situation and worried about it if there will be any issues for my visa travel as i am getting married to other person soon and have to submit a new form.

In the first form which we submitted, we mentioned that we are married thinking that we will be when we go to visa interview but unfortunately things did not go as planned.

Would that be a problem for my future visa interview.? and can i submit a new DS160 as a spouse to other person.? 

For the first DS160 i did not schedule a counseler appointment, I just submitted the form but it has my passport details and his immigration details.

Please help me understand will there be a problem .? if there is what can i do to clear it.? I need prompt response please as i will have to go to visa soon. I am very nervous now.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Hi, I am also in the same situation and worried about it if there will be any issues for my visa travel as i am getting married to other person soon and have to submit a new form.

In the first form which we submitted, we mentioned that we are married thinking that we will be when we go to visa interview but unfortunately things did not go as planned.

Would that be a problem for my future visa interview.? and can i submit a new DS160 as a spouse to other person.? 

For the first DS160 i did not schedule a counseler appointment, I just submitted the form but it has my passport details and his immigration details.

Please help me understand will there be a problem .? if there is what can i do to clear it.? I need prompt response please as i will have to go to visa soon. I am very nervous now.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Should not be an issue at all.

Archived