Travel on H4 when H1b is approved

nkrdwh

Hi - I am on H4 Visa valid till Dec 2014 and my H1B approved on Jun 3rd 2014. We are planning to go for Europe trip in mid of September and come back by Sep 25th 2014. It would be much helpful if any of you can share your thoughts on below questions

1) Will it be safe if I can travel during September and come back to US on H4 right before October 1st? (i.e. Oct 1st is from my H1 would be valid)

2) Chances of POE restricts my entry into US on H4 Visa since my H1B is approved but not having H1B stamped?

3) Would be I be asked to show all the employer and projects documents pertaining to H1 at POE even if I enter into US on H4 Visa?

Appreciate all your inputs.

Thanks

Hi - I am on H4 Visa valid till Dec 2014 and my H1B approved on Jun 3rd 2014. We are planning to go for Europe trip in mid of September and come back by Sep 25th 2014. It would be much helpful if any of you can share your thoughts on below questions

1) Will it be safe if I can travel during September and come back to US on H4 right before October 1st? (i.e. Oct 1st is from my H1 would be valid)

2) Chances of POE restricts my entry into US on H4 Visa since my H1B is approved but not having H1B stamped?

3) Would be I be asked to show all the employer and projects documents pertaining to H1 at POE even if I enter into US on H4 Visa?

Appreciate all your inputs.

Thanks

1. Yes.

2. Possible.

3. No.

Thanks Jairichi for your inputs.

For the second question you said, its possible for POE restricts my entry into US on H4 since my H1 is approved. Just wondering, what could be the ideal answer in case if he restricts my entry. Also if I can travel back to US by Sep 15 (i.e. rather than sep 25th) would I be able to avoid the restriction at POE?

Also one more question to the above list,  do I need to apply for COS after I came back to US since I used my H4 to enter into the US even thought my H1 is approved.

Thank You.

Thanks Jairichi for your inputs.

For the second question you said, its possible for POE restricts my entry into US on H4 since my H1 is approved. Just wondering, what could be the ideal answer in case if he restricts my entry. Also if I can travel back to US by Sep 15 (i.e. rather than sep 25th) would I be able to avoid the restriction at POE?

Also one more question to the above list,  do I need to apply for COS after I came back to US since I used my H4 to enter into the US even thought my H1 is approved.

Thank You.

Since you are close to your H1B start date it is possible for immigration officer regarding your H1B petition. The question might be about the absence of H1B visa in your passport. TRUTH should be your answer.

No need to apply for COS as your H1B petition was approved with COS before your travel abroad.

http://www.murthy.com/2013/04/08/h1b-transition-issues-international-travel/

Archived