hib stamping for non cap h1b approvals

sunny2210

I did my PhD in USA and now I am a postdoctoral fellow, I have my h1 apporved in a noncap h1 quota untill aug 15, 2015. so now if i go for my h1b stamping to india will there be any risk of rejection....

Initially I was planning on going to canada but appointments are not available untill october.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thank you!

I did my PhD in USA and now I am a postdoctoral fellow, I have my h1 apporved in a noncap h1 quota untill aug 15, 2015. so now if i go for my h1b stamping to india will there be any risk of rejection....

Initially I was planning on going to canada but appointments are not available untill october.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thank you!

Rejections are based on documents submitted and not a generalized issue. Be prepared for administrative processing.

thanks for your input...what is an administrative processing...

Mostly people doing research in biology or chemistry, kind of have a security clearance check before issuance of a visa. Look for TAL list using google and you will have an idea. In my case it took exactly a month twice.

Mostly people doing research in biology or chemistry, kind of have a security clearance check before issuance of a visa. Look for TAL list using google and you will have an idea. In my case it took exactly a month twice.

actually I am a fellow at a hospital working undergoing training, can you please give me more details of your case if you dont mind....thanks a lot for taking time to reply me

Phd and research people come under Technology alart list TAL list is called.

So you have chances that it can go to administrative processing for security clearance.

So good things is that you go to home country for stamping and not think to go to third country and be prepared for long vacation atleast month or two month as Jairichi mentioned......

actually I am a fellow at a hospital working undergoing training, can you please give me more details of your case if you dont mind....thanks a lot for taking time to reply me

I worked as a postdoc in US university. My research work is on stem cell biology (working both with mouse and human embryonic stem cells). Due to nature of work I was put under administrative processing. As Nik125 mentioned they had to get security clearance for me. Every time it took exactly one month to get visa stamped. As Nik125 stated go to your home country as you can spend some valuable time with family and friends as vacation.

Archived