Hiring Fees Recovery in H1b Transfer

techno123

Hi 

I signed the offer letter before filling a H1b with my current Employer X, in which there is a point named "Special Terms" that "if you choose to leave the company before 24 months than you have to pay to the below Hiring Cost incurred in your employment.

1. Cost paid for you requirement.
2. The lawyers fee and other fees paid for work visa.
3.Other administrative costs related to your employment and visa processing.
4. The costs paid for relocation.

I didn't got any project from last 2 months. Now I am initiating H1 transfer through employer Y.
So am I liable for paying above fees? And how it can impact my H1b transfer?

Thanks

Hi 

I signed the offer letter before filling a H1b with my current Employer X, in which there is a point named "Special Terms" that "if you choose to leave the company before 24 months than you have to pay to the below Hiring Cost incurred in your employment.

1. Cost paid for you requirement.
2. The lawyers fee and other fees paid for work visa.
3.Other administrative costs related to your employment and visa processing.
4. The costs paid for relocation.

I didn't got any project from last 2 months. Now I am initiating H1 transfer through employer Y.
So am I liable for paying above fees? And how it can impact my H1b transfer?

Thanks

Finding a project is the responsibility of employer. If you were not paid in the last 2 months then file a complaint against employer with DOL.

Get your contract checked by an attorney.

It is impossible to say what in his contract is enforceable. He should have contact an attorney for an opinion BEFORE signing but needs to do so now.  OP wanted to come to US so bad that he would sign anything to do so and now must pay $$$ for it.

It is impossible to say what in his contract is enforceable. He should have contact an attorney for an opinion BEFORE signing but needs to do so now.  OP wanted to come to US so bad that he would sign anything to do so and now must pay $$$ for it.

Problem here is, people get attracted by the fake promises made by these FRAUD employers. Of course that's one side of the story.

Hi,

My current employer is paying me, he is just delaying the paystubs.

My mail question is that am I liable for paying above fees? And how it can impact my H1b transfer?

Thanks

You need to review that agreement by an attorney.

Generally, you are not supposed to pay H1 fee.

No one on a forum can tell you what you are liable for.  An attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction MUST review all contracts and other employment documents. If you cannot understand how important contracts are in the US, you are opening yourself up for many problems in the future.

Archived