Scholarship for H4 visa holder

hluo

Hi!  I am going to start my PhD at UC this Fall.  

I received some fellowship from the department stating "Total award: $XXXX for fall quarter fees. Stipends are paid quarterly, the first of November, February and May".  International Center told me that I cannot accept this fellowship because the word "stipend" is mentioned in this letter.  I want to keep my H4 status to be qualify for instate tuition instead of changing into F1 visa.  

My question is

Can I receive this fellowship if my department can remove the word "stipend" in this letter and emphasize this scholarship is only for tuition?

Thank you very much!

I received some fellowship from the department stating "Total award: $XXXX for fall quarter fees. Stipends are paid quarterly, the first of November, February and May".  International Center told me that I cannot accept this fellowship because the word "stipend" is mentioned in this letter.  I want to keep my H4 status to be qualify for instate tuition instead of changing into F1 visa.  

My question is

Can I receive this fellowship if my department can remove the word "stipend" in this letter and emphasize this scholarship is only for tuition?

Thank you very much!

Things cannot be changed to fit each and everyone according to needs.

My question is

Thank you very much!

You can not receive this, even if they remove some words.

Archived