Passport Expiration

theknk123

Hi Murthy,

I am planning to travel to India in this month for two weeks and I have my visa stamping till April 2016. Just know I noticed that my passport is going to expire in the month of Sept 2014 and I haven't yet applied for renewal.

As my passport is expiring in Sept 2014, will this be an issue at my port of entry?

Can I apply for renewal now and travel during the process of renewal?

Thank you

Hi Murthy,

I am planning to travel to India in this month for two weeks and I have my visa stamping till April 2016. Just know I noticed that my passport is going to expire in the month of Sept 2014 and I haven't yet applied for renewal.

As my passport is expiring in Sept 2014, will this be an issue at my port of entry?

Can I apply for renewal now and travel during the process of renewal?

Thank you

You can travel and enter US but your I94 expiry date will match your passport expiration date.

When you apply for passport renewal your current passport will be with the passport agency and will be returned cancelled with new passport. So, how will you travel when you apply for renewal?

• 8 months later...

Hi Murthy,

My Brother and his family of 2, his wife and a daughter received an appointment letter from NVC stating visa interview has been scheduled in March at Bombay. His case was completed back in 2010, paid IV fees of $ 404 for each. Now they have another one year old child who was born after case was completed at NVC back in 2010. ( before immigration long hold ) I was only able to fill out DS 260 for 3 by using case # and Invoice ID. NVC said it is too late to add new beneficiary to this applicant. His case is already at Bombay Consulate and they have to directly communicate with consulate officer at the time of interview. Is it possible to add her name without going through significant delay ? How much to pay for F4 immigrants visa application fees ? How should I pay and what documents will I need for her to get visa ? Do you have office near Bombay consulate where my brother can get help with this process ? please advice.

Archived