L1-B I-94 extension query

A D

Hi there, 

I am working on L1-B with my company since Sept 2011 and my visa had expired in April 2013 and have a valid I-94 till Jan 2016.

I've tried for COS from L1B to H1 B this year but was not selected in the lottery.

My question here is that if I don't get selected for H1 B next year as well, I will have to apply for I-94 extension in Dec 2015 and is I-94 extension different from L1 B extension or is it just the same with different terminology since L1 B extensions are no more easy these days?

Any advise on this would be very helpful in planning my future.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, 

I am working on L1-B with my company since Sept 2011 and my visa had expired in April 2013 and have a valid I-94 till Jan 2016.

I've tried for COS from L1B to H1 B this year but was not selected in the lottery.

My question here is that if I don't get selected for H1 B next year as well, I will have to apply for I-94 extension in Dec 2015 and is I-94 extension different from L1 B extension or is it just the same with different terminology since L1 B extensions are no more easy these days?

Any advise on this would be very helpful in planning my future.

Thanks in advance.

If your L1B petition and I94 expiry date is same or L1B petition expires before I94 expiry date then your employer has to file for L1B extension.

Archived