Employment Termination on Bench/Pregnancy

lary9ferrari

Hi,

I have friend who is Pregnant, she was on Project till 5th month of her pregnancy. after that her client asked her to leave due to performance. She was with the client since 1.5 year and they were happy with her performance.

Now she is on bench for 2 months. Now her company asked her to resign or search for project within 1 month.

She is with the company and client since 1.5 Years, and there was no performance issue.

Is it a case of pregnancy discrimination? what shall she do as next step? should she resign?

Thanks for your reply.

How does she expect to prove discrimination?  She may have been given new tasks which she was unqualified to perform - i.e. poor performance. I doubt it was because of pregnancy other than if she was like so many women posted about here that she was incapable of caring for herself without the care of her mother.

Hi,

I have friend who is Pregnant, she was on Project till 5th month of her pregnancy. after that her client asked her to leave due to performance. She was with the client since 1.5 year and they were happy with her performance.

Now she is on bench for 2 months. Now her company asked her to resign or search for project within 1 month.

She is with the company and client since 1.5 Years, and there was no performance issue.

Is it a case of pregnancy discrimination? what shall she do as next step? should she resign?

Thanks for your reply.

How can your friend prove that there is discrimination? She guessed it is due to pregnancy, am I right? If she was not paid on bench then she can complain to DOL.

Archived