Drastic appearance change. Impact on existing US visitor visa?

navpreet_thind

Hi,

My father has a 10 years US visitor visa from 2012 onwards and he visited US in that year. However in late 2012 he was detected with throat cancer. He had to undergo chemotherapy and radiotherapy. He had beard and turban earlier(Sikh religion) However after the treatment his appearance has changed a lot as he has no beard and doesn't wear a turban anymore. What could be the potential impact on the existing US visa which has his earlier picture.

Does he need to get his visa pic updated?

Also does he need to get his passport pic updated as well?

Will really appreciate your assistance!

Thanks!

NT

Hi,

My father has a 10 years US visitor visa from 2012 onwards and he visited US in that year. However in late 2012 he was detected with throat cancer. He had to undergo chemotherapy and radiotherapy. He had beard and turban earlier(Sikh religion) However after the treatment his appearance has changed a lot as he has no beard and doesn't wear a turban anymore. What could be the potential impact on the existing US visa which has his earlier picture.

Does he need to get his visa pic updated?

Also does he need to get his passport pic updated as well?

Will really appreciate your assistance!

Thanks!

NT

I do not think it will be an issue as he will be finger printed at POE by immigration officer and it will be checked against their database.

Archived