L1B extension rejected but have I94 valid

Piyush

Hi,

My L1B visa was expired on 7-Jun-2013. I apllied for extension on jun-2013 though my I-94 is valid till Mar-2016. I got RFE and replied RFE on nov-2013 and on 25-Apr-2014, I got L1B extension denial from USCIS.

Can you please let me know - 

1) If I still can stay in USA and continue my job on I-94,which is valid till mar-2016.

2) If I continue on I-94, will this affect my future petition.

3) My dependent's I-94 is also valid till 2016 and she has EAD valid till Feb-2015. Can she continue her job.

Thanks,

Piyush

Hi,

My L1B visa was expired on 7-Jun-2013. I apllied for extension on jun-2013 though my I-94 is valid till Mar-2016. I got RFE and replied RFE on nov-2013 and on 25-Apr-2014, I got L1B extension denial from USCIS.

Can you please let me know - 

1) If I still can stay in USA and continue my job on I-94,which is valid till mar-2016.

2) If I continue on I-94, will this affect my future petition.

3) My dependent's I-94 is also valid till 2016 and she has EAD valid till Feb-2015. Can she continue her job.

Thanks,

Piyush

Why an extension was applied when your I94 is valid till March 2016? Was your L1B petition expiring at that time? What was RFE about?

1. Did the visa expire or the petition?

2. Are you on blanket L1?

3. When did you last enter the country?

1. My visa and petition expired on june-2013.

2. I am on L1 Blanket

3. I entered in USA March-2013 and that time I got the I94 date as March-2016.

I have read somewhere on this same forum that If your I94 is valid , you can continue even if extension has rejected.

1. My visa and petition expired on june-2013.

2. I am on L1 Blanket

3. I entered in USA March-2013 and that time I got the I94 date as March-2016.

I have read somewhere on this same forum that If your I94 is valid , you can continue even if extension has rejected.

If an extension request is denied, it would typically have no impact on a person's existing I-94.

As a side-note, with an I-94 valid until 2016, I have no idea why your employer decided to request an extension. I'm assuming they did not use an attorney.

If an extension request is denied, it would typically have no impact on a person's existing I-94.

As a side-note, with an I-94 valid until 2016, I have no idea why your employer decided to request an extension. I'm assuming they did not use an attorney.

My employer suggested me not to file for extension and continue on I94.Due to some personal reason, i wanted to travel to India and for that only I have applied for extension.However, my employer's attorney suggested to continue on I94 after visa extension denial.

Will this affect to future petitions ?

Archived