H1b Administrative Processing, filing new H1

H visa questions

Hello All

Need some help with the following

H4-H1b COS approved. Went to India for stamping and application is under administrative processing for past 3 months. I have the following questions

1) Can I file a new H1 with a new company while my application is under administrative processing?

2) If my first H1 gets rejected, can I travel back to US on H4 and then file H1b with COS?

3) Will I be cap-exempt or should I wait for the next quota to open (note: second offer is from a different job field/category)

Thanks in advance

Hello All

H4-H1b COS approved. Went to India for stamping and application is under administrative processing for past 3 months. I have the following questions

1) Can I file a new H1 with a new company while my application is under administrative processing?

2) If my first H1 gets rejected, can I travel back to US on H4 and then file H1b with COS?

3) Will I be cap-exempt or should I wait for the next quota to open (note: second offer is from a different job field/category)

Thanks in advance

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Cap exempt.

Hello All

Thanks in advance

Do you know why your visa has been under Administrative processing for past 3 months?

I got my H1B visa extension from USCIS, came to India for stamping but it has been two weeks and my case is still under Administrative Processing and they haven't intimated me for any documents or 221g etc. I am wondering if our case is similar.

Archived