H1B Application picked up - with old employer.

sivi3883

Hello,

I am working for Employer A in India and I had given my resignation a few days back as I got a good offer. Currently, I am in the notice period with Employer A. Surprisingly, I came to know that my employer had applied for H1B Visa and luckily it got picked up too. Now I am not sure whether its a good decision to move to the new company or not. Here are my questions and it would be really helpful if you could throw your suggestions. 

1) If I move to the new company and if my new employer initiates H1B next year, will I still go through the lottery process? Asking this, since my application got picked up already.

2) If I move to the new company and if my new employer initiates H1B next year, will there by cap exemption only if I have the approved petition or is it enough if my application is already picked up in the lottery process previously?

3) I might stay with Employer A based on your inputs for 1) and 2) above. But at the worst case if I still move to the new company will it create bad remarks in my H1B history or something. Might be a dumb question but still wanted to clarify.

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks,

Vicky 

Hello,

I am working for Employer A in India and I had given my resignation a few days back as I got a good offer. Currently, I am in the notice period with Employer A. Surprisingly, I came to know that my employer had applied for H1B Visa and luckily it got picked up too. Now I am not sure whether its a good decision to move to the new company or not. Here are my questions and it would be really helpful if you could throw your suggestions. 

1) If I move to the new company and if my new employer initiates H1B next year, will I still go through the lottery process? Asking this, since my application got picked up already.

2) If I move to the new company and if my new employer initiates H1B next year, will there by cap exemption only if I have the approved petition or is it enough if my application is already picked up in the lottery process previously?

3) I might stay with Employer A based on your inputs for 1) and 2) above. But at the worst case if I still move to the new company will it create bad remarks in my H1B history or something. Might be a dumb question but still wanted to clarify.

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks,

Vicky 

1. It is surprising that you did not know employer A applied H1B for you. If employer A withdraws H1B petition before approval then you will need to go through lottery again next year. 

2. Refer 1.

3. No issue with respect to H1B.

1.If its approved then your next H1 will be cap exempt.

2.Yes

3. No it won't.

Archived