What if w2 wage frm last year is less than LCA

bkrishn

Hello everyone ,

I have been following all the threads here to get confidence to goto stamping.The only thing I am bothered is my w2 from 2013 is less than the LCA..As my h1 started on oct 2013 my pay cheques from Oct 13 were matching LCA.But the previous months in 2013 were less so the total on w2 is less than the LCA.I heard they are asking w2 a lot if so VO asks why the wage from 2013 was less .what are the possible answers I can prepare ?

That's fine, as long as your paystubs show that you got paid according to the H1 laws from October 2013 on.

You just tell the truth: that you have been on H1 only since October 2013.

The whole thing about this W2 or paystub stuff is that they want to see that you have been in legal status all the time. And that means that while in H1 status, i.e., from Oct. 2013, , you got paid according to the H1 rules.

Of course, you may have to show that you were in valid F1//OPT status before that, but there is no specific salary requirement for that, there is the requirement that you were employed on OPT.

Hello everyone ,

I have been following all the threads here to get confidence to goto stamping.The only thing I am bothered is my w2 from 2013 is less than the LCA..As my h1 started on oct 2013 my pay cheques from Oct 13 were matching LCA.But the previous months in 2013 were less so the total on w2 is less than the LCA.I heard they are asking w2 a lot if so VO asks why the wage from 2013 was less .what are the possible answers I can prepare ?

If you are paid less than LCA you are out of status. TRUTH should be your answer.

Archived