Resigned from company A; Approved h1b for company B, now want to cancel "resignation" from company A

bond1985

Hello- I am in a very different situation. I work on H1B Visa for company A. I got an offer from company B & got approved h1b petition for them and resigned from company A. 

Now company "A" is ready to match up to new offer and wants me to cancel my resignation. Should there be any legal problem if I dont join company B even after h1b petition is approved?

Would really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,
M

Hello- I am in a very different situation. I work on H1B Visa for company A. I got an offer from company B & got approved h1b petition for them and resigned from company A. 

Now company "A" is ready to match up to new offer and wants me to cancel my resignation. Should there be any legal problem if I dont join company B even after h1b petition is approved?

Would really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

M

You might be liable for damages if you have signed any legal document mentioning the same with company B. Check your offer letter or contract.

You might be liable for damages if you have signed any legal document mentioning the same with company B. Check your offer letter or contract.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am ready to pay up for all of their legal expenses in acquiring visa.

But is there any other issue with continuing my job with company A while I have petition approve for company B?

Thanks again for your help.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am ready to pay up for all of their legal expenses in acquiring visa.

But is there any other issue with continuing my job with company A while I have petition approve for company B?

Thanks again for your help.

Before being ready to pay anything for company B run all your documents through a good attorney. Other than that you are fine.

From the Beneficiary’s standpoint, it is perfectly acceptable to have more than one H1B approval notice with different employers. Provided the previously approved H1B with company A is still valid you may continue with company A. However, I caution you regarding payment of legal expenses in regards to obtaining an H1B visa. To discuss this in more detail it is advisable to speak directly with a knowledgeable immigration attorney.  

Archived