How early I can go for Visa stamping

Jai_hanuman

Hi Friends,

My F1 visa got expired in May 2012 and I am currently on CPT doing MBA  in XXX university and also working full time in a XXX company and under CPT I got my H1B visa approved this year(2014) for the first time and am now waiting for my I-797 document which is needed to start my visa stamping process. I want to know how early I can go for my first time h1b visa stamping..or else do I have to wait until my I797 start date which is October 1st. Please let me know if I can go in the month of july or august 2014 with I797 starting from October 1st, 2014.If I can go for stamping in july or august and once I am done with stamping, can I come back to US without any issues (because once I got h1b visa stamped, my f1 will be cancelled and I will be having h1b visa stamp starting from oct 1st). Please let me know what to do.....

Hi Friends,

My F1 visa got expired in May 2012 and I am currently on CPT doing MBA  in XXX university and also working full time in a XXX company and under CPT I got my H1B visa approved this year(2014) for the first time and am now waiting for my I-797 document which is needed to start my visa stamping process. I want to know how early I can go for my first time h1b visa stamping..or else do I have to wait until my I797 start date which is October 1st. Please let me know if I can go in the month of july or august 2014 with I797 starting from October 1st, 2014.If I can go for stamping in july or august and once I am done with stamping, can I come back to US without any issues (because once I got h1b visa stamped, my f1 will be cancelled and I will be having h1b visa stamp starting from oct 1st). Please let me know what to do.....

You can go for H1B stamping not more than 90 days before H1B start date. On H1B you can enter not more than 10 days before your H1B start date.

My F1 visa got expired in May 2012 and I am currently on CPT doing MBA  in XXX university and also working full time in a XXX company and under CPT

You are currently on F1 NOT CPT. CPT is not a status.

Moreover you cannot work full time on CPT. That's not a WORK status to work as FTE. And you will be in trouble for abusing F1 program. Take a look at this

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/76392-h1-approved-during-cpt/

Archived