H1b petition pending decision. Deadline to apply for STEM Extension?

Rajagopal Ram

Hi,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me on this.

My employer has filed for h1b and I am awaiting decision.

I am currently on OPT - Originally expiring on July 14th (without considering cap gap)

My question is - Will my OPT be valid till July 14th even if the H1B petition is rejected before July 14th (lets say Jun 15th) or will it be valid only till the date of denial of h1b??

I am eligible for a STEM extension and the application process is yet to be started (for STEM extension). if the my OPT will Be valid till July 14th (the original OPT expiry date) irrespective of the h1b petition decision then I assume I'll have enough time for the stem application. If not I am afraid it will be tough time for me. fingers crossed.

Need your inputs.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me on this.

My employer has filed for h1b and I am awaiting decision.

I am currently on OPT - Originally expiring on July 14th (without considering cap gap)

My question is - Will my OPT be valid till July 14th even if the H1B petition is rejected before July 14th (lets say Jun 15th) or will it be valid only till the date of denial of h1b??

I am eligible for a STEM extension and the application process is yet to be started (for STEM extension). if the my OPT will Be valid till July 14th (the original OPT expiry date) irrespective of the h1b petition decision then I assume I'll have enough time for the stem application. If not I am afraid it will be tough time for me. fingers crossed.

Need your inputs.

Thanks

You have time till a decision is taken on your H1B petition. Why don't you upgrade to PP?

Archived