Would family members' wrong doings affect my future immigration/non-immigration benefits?

maru58

My brother didn't tell the truth at one B-2 visa interview and got rejected. He got approved the second time but the counselor asked him about my information in the US (name, date of birth, where I am working, etc) and said he'll issue my brother a B-2 visa but he will be watched closely to see if he comes back in proper time.

I studied in the US for 6 years and now am working under OPT. I have never been out of status and have been visiting home frequently (almost yearly). Would my brother's visa history affect my future visa (for example when I come back home after OPT and then apply for a F-1 visa to study PhD, or when I apply for H1B, or GC)? 

I'll appreciate some help on understanding this. Thanks.

My brother didn't tell the truth at one B-2 visa interview and got rejected. He got approved the second time but the counselor asked him about my information in the US (name, date of birth, where I am working, etc) and said he'll issue my brother a B-2 visa but he will be watched closely to see if he comes back in proper time.

I studied in the US for 6 years and now am working under OPT. I have never been out of status and have been visiting home frequently (almost yearly). Would my brother's visa history affect my future visa (for example when I come back home after OPT and then apply for a F-1 visa to study PhD, or when I apply for H1B, or GC)? 

I'll appreciate some help on understanding this. Thanks.

No.

Archived