Visa Stamping questions

gcq14

Hello, 

I had a couple of questions related to US Visa Stamping for H1-B renewal - 

1. I noticed a lot of people are going to Jamaica. My lawyer mentioned that typically people are expected to go back to home country and if not, then to Canada or Mexico. Consulates in other countries can deny the visas and send people back to their home country. Does anyone have any insights on this? Is this just conservative legal talk? 

2. Has anyone done their visa stamping in Mexico City? How long does the process typically take? I heard that you need to go a day early for biometrics as well. Just curious if people have been there and have had a successful experience. 

Any insights will be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks! 

Hello, 

I had a couple of questions related to US Visa Stamping for H1-B renewal - 

1. I noticed a lot of people are going to Jamaica. My lawyer mentioned that typically people are expected to go back to home country and if not, then to Canada or Mexico. Consulates in other countries can deny the visas and send people back to their home country. Does anyone have any insights on this? Is this just conservative legal talk? 

2. Has anyone done their visa stamping in Mexico City? How long does the process typically take? I heard that you need to go a day early for biometrics as well. Just curious if people have been there and have had a successful experience. 

Any insights will be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks! 

1. Attorney is correct.

Archived