H1 RFE Dean's or Provost Letter

krish724

Hello !!

I have been working as SAS/STAT programmer since 2 yrs and I  have got an RFE saying that how my bachelor's degree in pharmacy (india) and masters degree in pharmaceutical chemistry (USA) related to my job. Last year, I had the same query but my attorney has submitted an expert opinion's letter evaluating my course work related to statistics and the USCIS accepted the letter.

But this time USCIS is stressing something new:

"To show how the degrees related to job, please submit an evalaution from an official who has the authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience in the speciality at an accredited college or university which has the program for granting such credit based on an indivual's training and/or work experince.

With the evaluation the official must also include a letter from the dean or provost of the official's affiliated educational institution stating that the evaluationg official has the aithority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experince. The dean or provost must also state in the letter that the affliated educational institution has the program for granting credit based on an individual's training and/or work experince."

I have contacted some evaluaitng agenies for this but they are saying they can't write a letter in the capacity of a college professor authorized to grant college credit but the can give an expert opinion letter.

Could some one please suggest me where we can get the official's evaluating letter along with dean or provost letter as decribed above. or please suggest me if there are any other options.

Thanks

Krish724

sure. your job is 'almost' not related to your degree...however most IT jobs are filled with somebody that can use 'some brain' and they use their bachelors & MS to prove that they got brains..

It's not clear why the RFE keeps referring to credit hours earned based on training/work experience? Did you not just take a class/couple of classes in statistics here in USA? How exactly you got in to SAS with a pharm degree?

based on the information so far, the RFE has no merit..it is asking for the 'reverse proof'..they want the dean to justify your education for your job..your dean can only say that the degree is valid for taking a pharmacist exam..he got no authority to rule out that you are not suitable for any other jobs nor he understands what your current job is..

CIS should only ask your employer for proof that you have the ability to do the job using an advanced degree or course work..does it make sense?

I do have couple of courses in bachelors and couple of courses in masters related to statistics. And the expert could be able to evaluate and relate my degrees and job duties.

even I am kind of worried why USCIS is asking the evaluation from an official and also his/her dean.

My attorney is suggesting that we can submit an expert opinion letter from an agency instead of professor's letter along with dean's letter.

Can I take a chance and submit an expert opinion letter showing how the degrees related to the job? will it be enough?

I do have couple of courses in bachelors and couple of courses in masters related to statistics. And the expert could be able to evaluate and relate my degrees and job duties.

even I am kind of worried why USCIS is asking the evaluation from an official and also his/her dean.

My attorney is suggesting that we can submit an expert opinion letter from an agency instead of professor's letter along with dean's letter.

Can I take a chance and submit an expert opinion letter showing how the degrees related to the job? will it be enough?

With just few courses doesn't make you major from that field. For H1 you need to have 4 yrs of degree directly related to your H1 job.

RFE clearly mentioned that they need it from Dean. You can take a chance.

not recommended..

seems somebody at the CIS is trying to show off..either they noted your previous response or anticipated your response..

your situation is the one where tyical run-of-the-mill-paper-filing-so-called-immigration-attorney is not useful..it is obvious that your attorney is that kind..

the response need to be definitely creative..strongly advise give murthy firm a call..

all i can say is you dont have to worry..it can be definitely handled with a good attorney..

I have already contacted Murthy firm and they suggested to approach morningside evaluations but they said they can give an expert opinion letter but not in the capacity of a professor or official who can grant the college level credit for training or experience.

do you really want me to believe that you are not aware that most H1 IT jobs get filled with people having anything but BS/MS in computer science..

I know that, and I also know that most of the H1 holders are unfit for that job. Because of this abuse USCIS is issuing RFE's to verify the educational BG.

"The dean or provost must also state in the letter that the affliated educational institution has the program for granting credit based on an individual's training and/or work experince"

you sure you are not hiding anything?..how do you explain the above statement? what school did you attend in US, an accredited one?

Archived