Return to USA with Previous Employer Stamping and with new employer I797

kishoremaguluri

Hi All -  I had visa with company A till January 16th 2015 but this company A I797 is cancelled. 

I transferred to Company B and my I797 is approved with Company B till August 2016.

I am planning to go to India in June 2014 for 3 weeks.  So Can I retrun to USA with previous employer visa(I797 is cancelled)  with current employer valid I797?

Is there will be any problem at the port of entry? or Is it mandatory to go to VISA stamping in India with current employer.  

Please reply me. 

Regards,

Kishore

Hi All -  I had visa with company A till January 16th 2015 but this company A I797 is cancelled. 

I transferred to Company B and my I797 is approved with Company B till August 2016.

I am planning to go to India in June 2014 for 3 weeks.  So Can I retrun to USA with previous employer visa(I797 is cancelled)  with current employer valid I797?

Is there will be any problem at the port of entry? or Is it mandatory to go to VISA stamping in India with current employer.  

Please reply me. 

Regards,

Kishore

You can enter with your current valid H1B visa and employer B's I797. 

even though company A H1B is revoked but visa on passport is still valid till January 2015.   Can we come to USA with company A valid visa and company B valid H1B?

Regards,

Kishore

Employer can only revoke a H1B petition and not visa. And, revoking a petition will not affect visa.

Archived