Need to get H4 visa for fiancee who has B2(Visitor visa)

devkanch

Hello..  I have a few question regarding h1b and H4 visa. Could someone claify my doubts?

I'm currently on H1B and I am going to india for my marriage on june. My fiancee is in india, A company from USA had shown interest to process her H1B. Now she got through the H1B lottery this year 2014. So Below ae my questions.

1. Can i apply H4 for her? If i apply H4 while the H1B application is in progress, would that create any complication? 

2. If i can apply H4 for her, is there any chance that she would get her current H1B application denied or cancelled?

3, If i can apply H4 for her, during her visa interview for H4, would consulate officer raise any questions about her current H1B application? If he asks how to handle that?

4. Incase if she gets RFE for her H1B application before H4 interview, Is it advisable to go for H4 interview? Because i heard that when the RFE is raised, its illegal to apply for another type of visa. Is it so? Please advise.

5. She also has B2(Tourist Visa) valid till 2024 that she got last year. As an alternate option, after our marriage, can i bring her to USA with me on B2(Tourist Visa)?

6. If i bring her to USA on B2, will there be any questions raised at port of entry? Is there any way that the officer at port of entry would reject her entrance and ask her to come back in H4?

Can somebody advice me on this? Thanks in advance

Thanks

Dev

Hello..  I have a few question regarding h1b and H4 visa. Could someone claify my doubts?

I'm currently on H1B and I am going to india for my marriage on june. My fiancee is in india, A company from USA had shown interest to process her H1B. Now she got through the H1B lottery this year 2014. So Below ae my questions.

1. Can i apply H4 for her? If i apply H4 while the H1B application is in progress, would that create any complication? 

2. If i can apply H4 for her, is there any chance that she would get her current H1B application denied or cancelled?

3, If i can apply H4 for her, during her visa interview for H4, would consulate officer raise any questions about her current H1B application? If he asks how to handle that?

4. Incase if she gets RFE for her H1B application before H4 interview, Is it advisable to go for H4 interview? Because i heard that when the RFE is raised, its illegal to apply for another type of visa. Is it so? Please advise.

5. She also has B2(Tourist Visa) valid till 2024 that she got last year. As an alternate option, after our marriage, can i bring her to USA with me on B2(Tourist Visa)?

6. If i bring her to USA on B2, will there be any questions raised at port of entry? Is there any way that the officer at port of entry would reject her entrance and ask her to come back in H4?

Can somebody advice me on this? Thanks in advance
Thanks
Dev

1. If you guys are married then she can apply for H4. No effect on her H1B.

2. Not on the basis that she applied for a H4.

3. Answer the truth.

4. No issue.

5. After marriage H4 is the best option.

6. Very unlikely but possible.

Archived