Min. Education required for H1-B Visa

pradeep.atta

Hi All,

I am from India and new to this forum, please excuse me if the same questions somebody else asked earlier.

My employer is planing to nominate me for H1-B visa in coming October but before that I want to know whether I am actually eligible for H1-B or not.

Below are my details:
================
Full time education: 13.5 years (10 + 3.5 yrs special Diploma in Electronics & Instrumentation Engg)

Correspondence education: Doing B.Tech from JNTU University (I am in 4th year now)

IT Exp: 6 Yrs 6 Months in an MNC ( I am a Linux Admin and RHCE certification)

My doubt is, H1-B requires minimum 15 years education which I don't have, but I know that I can compensate the education with the experience. So, Can you please tell me whether I am eligible for H1-B visa or not as I have only 13.5 Yrs of full time education. Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I am from India and new to this forum, please excuse me if the same questions somebody else asked earlier.

My employer is planing to nominate me for H1-B visa in coming October but before that I want to know whether I am actually eligible for H1-B or not.

Below are my details:

================

Full time education: 13.5 years (10 + 3.5 yrs special Diploma in Electronics & Instrumentation Engg)

Correspondence education: Doing B.Tech from JNTU University (I am in 4th year now)

IT Exp: 6 Yrs 6 Months in an MNC ( I am a Linux Admin and RHCE certification)

My doubt is, H1-B requires minimum 15 years education which I don't have, but I know that I can compensate the education with the experience. So, Can you please tell me whether I am eligible for H1-B visa or not as I have only 13.5 Yrs of full time education. Thanks in advance.

Cap subject H1B quota for this year is closed. You need to have a minimum of 4 years degree qualification relevant to H1B profession or 12 years of relevant experience to H1B profession. I do not think you are eligible now.

Archived