Travel to US Virgin Islands without H4b stamping

tabhishek22

My wife recently moved from F1 to H4b. Her I-94 (is valid till Nov 2015) but she doesn't have the visa stamping. We are planning to vist US Virgin Islands for our anniversary (I have the H1b visa stamping).

So does she need a us visa stamping in order to return back to US after the trip? Or a valid US Driving License would be sufficient to traval back. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks!!

My wife recently moved from F1 to H4b. Her I-94 (is valid till Nov 2015) but she doesn't have the visa stamping. We are planning to vist US Virgin Islands for our anniversary (I have the H1b visa stamping).

So does she need a us visa stamping in order to return back to US after the trip? Or a valid US Driving License would be sufficient to traval back. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks!!

President of US Virgin Islands is Obama, that means it's part of US. So no need of Passport for the travel.

The US Virgin Islands arre part of the US. Since you are not leaving the US, you don't need a visa to come back to the mainland. The DL and I-94 is enough.

Just make sure you don't visit the nearby British Virgin Island, because then you would leave the US and would need a visa to come back.

Enjoy your trip.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I recently travelled to US virgin islands in june 2014, with an expired H1b stamp on my passport. Took all my documents with me to prove I m legally working in US main land. Really nice place, enjoyed it, just made sure from previous posts not to be in british waters or any international waters, took boat trips and sail boats that stayed within US Virgin Island water limits.

While coming back, they have immigration and customs. Immigration officer looked at my expired H1b stamp, requested for my new I-797 A / I-94.  she looked at the validity date on the new one.  Asked me  few questions like, regarding my job and employer? purpose of visit? 

Everything fine, it took less than 5 minutes.

Proceeded to customs, then security check.

Hope this info is helpful.

Archived