Modify DS-160

sreereddy99

1. Check how many days have gone by since you submitted the original application. If it is less than 30 days, go back to the "Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa" page of the State Department website. Click the tab for “Retrieve an Application.” You will be asked to enter your application ID number. Next, the system will ask whether you want to go to the confirmation page or create a new application. Select create a new application, and your whole application will appear, except the part about your travel plans to the United States. At that point, you can edit and update the information and submit it once again. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code. 

The second option depends on your having saved onto your computer the data file, called a ".DAT file," from your original application. If you did, you can draw on the information you submitted by again going to the "Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa" page of the State Department website. This time, click the "Upload an Application" tab. You will be given instructions for accessing your saved file. There is no time limit on this method. After making your changes, save and submit the new application. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code.

1. Check how many days have gone by since you submitted the original application. If it is less than 30 days, go back to the "Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa" page of the State Department website. Click the tab for “Retrieve an Application.” You will be asked to enter your application ID number. Next, the system will ask whether you want to go to the confirmation page or create a new application. Select create a new application, and your whole application will appear, except the part about your travel plans to the United States. At that point, you can edit and update the information and submit it once again. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code. 
  2. The second option depends on your having saved onto your computer the data file, called a ".DAT file," from your original application. If you did, you can draw on the information you submitted by again going to the "Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa" page of the State Department website. This time, click the "Upload an Application" tab. You will be given instructions for accessing your saved file. There is no time limit on this method. After making your changes, save and submit the new application. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code.

This is very valuable information.. Thanks for sharing..

i need help on below questions.

Previous work /Education/Training Information.

For this section I have included my current employment which I am working from 2006 and one previous employer.

Do I still have to enter my all previous employment information ?

Driver license

Do we have to enter all the driver license numbers from the beginning? I have my current license number since 2006. Previously I was in other states but I don’t have the previous license numbers.

Archived